This is the home page for Larry “Tree” Tyree – N6TR / WB6ZVC.
Here are some links that you might find useful:
• Heavens Above – Resource for satellite tracking and iridium flares.
• Hey – What’s That – A site where you can find out what mountain peaks you can see from any location in the USA.
• NCJ Sprint Survival – Some tips on how to operate the most intense contest there is.
• Picture Gallery – My picture album
• Remote Ham Radio information page. Details from the various remote contest operations I have done.
• Six meter CW EME page – A page documenting my QSO with SM7BAE.
• Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge – Sponsored by the Boring Amateur Radio Club.
• Topband Disease Article – A strange disease affecting operators on the 160 meter band.
• Topband Sounds – A collection of sound files that I have captured on 160 meters.
• Tower Climbing Service – Providing tower and antenna care in the Portland, Oregon area.
• Tree’s Bird Page – Catalog of the birds I have seen (mostly from around my home).
• TS850S Repair Page – Tips on keeping your TS850 on the air.
• Various kkn.net directories with interesting files
• Viewstar PT2500A pictures and information – including schematic and modifications.
• Way Back Machine – Find old web pages you thought were lost forever.
• XKCD.COM – One of my favorite places to check on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.
Here are some places I have worked at:
• Instrumentation Technology Systems (1974-1978) – This is where I learned most of my digital design tricks.
• Litton Industries (1978-1981) For a small division producing an energy management system during the gas crunch.
• Canoga Perkins (1981-1983) Formerly known as Perkins Research, building test equipment for T1 phone lines - 1981 to 1983.
• Electro-Scientific Industries (1984-1987) Initially in their instruments group - then on their Hybrid Laser trimmers.
• Micom (1987-1988) I worked in their modem and PC accessories group during a brief return to Southern California.
• MTI Inc (1988-1989) A small company that built displays for car stereo systems – but has changed a lot since then.
• Etec Systems (1989-1993) Worked for Ateq on laser reticle writers before Etec purchased them – who then was purchased by Applied Materials
• Cascade Microtech (1993-1996) Wafer test equipment and high frequency probes (microwave) from 1993 to 1996.
• Axian Inc (1996-1997) Contract employee assigned to work at Intel.
• Intel Corp (1997-2011) Quality and Reliability Manager / Engineering Manager
• LSI Corp (2011-2014) Engineering Quality Director in the Megaraid and adapter board groups.
• Inrad – (2014 onwards) aka International Radio – provider of accessories for Ham Radio enthusiasts.
You can reach me via email here.
73 Tree N6TR