WinRad Setup and Demo
Note: to view an online presentation showing how to add a Software Defined Radio to an SO2R station, click here. You do not need an SDR to run the demo.
- Download and install WinRad from here (1.4 MB).
- Download the WinRad User's Guide from here (614 KB).
- See this page for screen shots.
- Download the Perseus_20080322_N6TV.zip - WinRad WAV File (300 MB !) - Please right click the link and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As".
- Unzip the WAV file into the WinRad directory.
- Start WinRad and click the [ShowOptions] button, top left corner.
- Select Select Input, WAV file, and choose the file.
- Press the triangular green "Play" button.
- Press the [CW] button.
- Click on a signal to listen to that frequency. Fine tune with the scroll wheel on your mouse.
- Adjust the filter width by dragging the edges with the mouse.
- Change the center frequency of the filter by Ctrl-Right click within the passband.
- Click within the passband to change the center frequency or press the [Zap] button to automatically center the passband on the loudest signal.
Text_vs_Morse_Leno_2005_05_13.wmv - Windows Media Format (8.6 MB)