Tree’s Bird Page
Rather late in life – I decided to start keeping track of the birds I see during my normal day. Since I live in the country with acres of forest – many of these were seen around my home.
1. Great Blue Heron – This was taken by my phone camera. I looked out the window one morning and could not believe what I saw (5-Jan-2014).
2. American Robin – This guy was my first photographed bird with my new camera (Canon SX170 IS). He was out in the horse pasture (13-Apr-2014).
3. European Starling – This guy is a regular on the apple tree just next to the barn. He has very pretty songs. (14-Apr-2014)
4. Canada Goose – At my office I heard lots of honking as I got to work – grabbed my camera – but they took to flight. I just pointed and clicked and got very lucky!! (14-Apr-2014)
5. Mallard – This guy was taking a nap behind my office building (where there was a pond) (14-Apr-2014).
6. Red-breasted Sapsucker – Normally I see them on my antennas – but this one was making a lot of racquet in a tree. (15-Apr-2014).
7. Mourning Dove – Found two of them one morning – one on my antennas and the other closer to the nest on a wire (21-Apr-2014).
8. Steller’s Jay – Very common but camera shy sometimes. (24-Apr-2014).
10. Barn Swallow – These guys are nesting in the neighbor’s barn. They also enjoy flying around me when I mow the field. (25-Apr-2014).
13. Brown Creeper – There were several of these guys flying around and going up various tree trunks. (26-Apr-2014).
15. Scrub Jay – The other blue jay that we see here. (4-May-2014).
17. Spotted Towhee – Taken from inside the house!! (6-June-2014)
18. KillDeer – Heard the distinctive sound coming from the horse pasture. I had never seen one around here before. Used to see them at Intel all the time.